Thursday, 11 April 2019

Ceisteanna (80)

Bernard Durkan


80. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Education and Skills when a school place will be available for a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [17167/19]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Education)

The National Council for Special Education (NCSE) is responsible for planning, coordinating and advising on education provision for children with special educational needs.

The Council ensures that schools in an area can, between them, cater for all children who have been identified as needing special class placements.

The NCSE’s team of locally based Special Education Needs Organisers (SENOs) are available to assist and advise parents whose children have special needs and identify available placements. They also support and advise schools in this area.

Parents who are experiencing difficulties in locating a school placement, should contact their local SENO.

As the Deputy's question relates to placement for a particular child, I have referred the question to the NCSE for their direct reply.