Tuesday, 23 July 2019

Ceisteanna (791)

Bernard Durkan


791. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the extent to which a person (details supplied) can obtain residency status in their own right in view of the fact that they are dependent on their spouse who has work permit status; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32741/19]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Justice)

I am informed by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of my Department that detailed information on the circumstances in which the person concerned may seek permission to reside in their own right is contained in the INIS Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification. This information can be accessed on the INIS website at www.inis.gov.ie.

Queries in relation to the status of individual immigration cases may be made directly to the INIS of my Department by email using the Oireachtas Mail facility, which has been specifically established for this purpose. This service enables up-to-date information on such cases to be obtained without the need to seek information by way of the Parliamentary Questions process. The Deputy may consider using the email service except in cases where the response from the INIS is, in the Deputy's view, inadequate or too long awaited.