Administration Subhead (iii) relates to incidental expenses of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. In 2018, incidental expenses totalled €5.2 million on Vote 28 (Foreign Affairs and Trade) and €1.9 million on Vote 27 (International Co-operation).
The main expenditure areas in administration Subhead "(iii) Training and Development and Incidental Expenses" in 2018, across both Votes and covers expenditure at HQ and in overseas Missions, were as follows:
- Capital cost of replacing motor vehicles and the associated day to day running costs;
- Bank charges and foreign exchange costs;
- Training and development of staff including foreign language training for staff posted across the global mission network;
- Costs associated with operating the worldwide network of Honorary Consulates;
- Translation services;
- Costs associated with official visits to Ireland by foreign dignitaries and Heads of State and Government;
- Library books and electronic subscription costs;
- Security costs, and
- Legal, audit and other professional services.