Tuesday, 29 September 2020

Ceisteanna (171)

Holly Cairns

Ceist:

171. Deputy Holly Cairns asked the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment when the 40% restart grant plus top-up will be extended to pubs nationally that have to remain closed due to public health restrictions; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [26979/20]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Enterprise)

The Restart Grant Plus provides direct grant aid to businesses with up to 250 employees to help them with the costs associated with reopening and reemploying workers following COVID-19 closures. The grant is a contribution towards the cost of re-opening or keeping a business operational and re-connecting with employees and customers. The grant could also be used to defray ongoing fixed costs during closure, for example, utilities, insurance, refurbishment or for measures to ensure employee and customer safety.

In most cases the grant will be the amount of the rates assessment for the premises for 2019, with a minimum grant is €4,000 and the maximum grant is €25,000 (or maximum of €15,000 for businesses that received the maximum of €10,000 under the original Restart Grant Scheme). Top-ups are available for eligible businesses in Kildare, Laois, Offaly, Dublin and Donegal in respect of a further period of restrictions, for ‘wet’ pubs, bars and nightclubs nationwide that re-opened on 21 September, and for ‘wet’ pubs, bars and nightclubs in Dublin that remain closed.

Businesses in Dublin and Donegal are generally eligible for a 30% top-up due to the most recent restrictions. Donegal pubs remain partially open so get the pubs 40% top up (that is, the 30% businesses top up plus an additional 10%). Dublin pubs remain closed so get the 30% businesses top plus 40% pub top up, that is a total 70%).

Details of the wide range of COVID-19 supports available are noted on my Department’s website at https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/.