Tuesday, 25 May 2021

Ceisteanna (454)

Gino Kenny


454. Deputy Gino Kenny asked the Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science if he will consider allowing social care students who are working in care settings and also studying to use these qualifying paid work hours as required work placement hours; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [27535/21]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Further and Higher Education)

Placements for social care students are organised at the level of each individual Higher Education Institution (HEI), as part of their programme offerings to be delivered in conjunction with relevant placement providers. Where appropriate, each HEI will develop their programme offerings to meet the accreditation standards of relevant regulatory and professional recognition bodies including where placements are a requirement. In relation to health and social care programmes, the principal regulatory body is CORU, an Agency under the remit of the Department of Health, which sets the standards of education and training required for the professions which fall within its remit.