Léim ar aghaidh chuig an bpríomhábhar
Gnáthamharc

Passport Services

Dáil Éireann Debate, Thursday - 24 March 2022

Thursday, 24 March 2022

Ceisteanna (109, 114, 121, 152)

Jackie Cahill

Ceist:

109. Deputy Jackie Cahill asked the Minister for Foreign Affairs the number of passport applications from County Tipperary that are currently outstanding; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15329/22]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Joe Flaherty

Ceist:

114. Deputy Joe Flaherty asked the Minister for Foreign Affairs the number of passport applications from County Longford that are currently outstanding; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15327/22]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Niamh Smyth

Ceist:

121. Deputy Niamh Smyth asked the Minister for Foreign Affairs the number of passport applications from counties Cavan, Monaghan and Meath that are currently outstanding; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15040/22]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Jennifer Murnane O'Connor

Ceist:

152. Deputy Jennifer Murnane O'Connor asked the Minister for Foreign Affairs the number of passport applications by persons in counties Carlow and Kilkenny that are currently outstanding; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15039/22]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Foreign)

I propose to take Questions Nos. 109, 114, 121 and 152 together.

The numbers of passport applications with the Passport Service from counties Carlow, Cavan, Kilkenny, Longford, Monaghan, Meath and Tipperary are outlined below in tabular form.

Passport Service figures show that of the total of 182,000 passport applications in the system, 63% are fully complete and are being processed by the Passport Service. The other 37% of applications are incomplete, which means the Passport Service is waiting for the applicant to submit the necessary documentation required. While the Passport Service makes every effort to contact applicants in such circumstances, their experience is that many applicants take weeks and sometimes months to send in the necessary documents. Applications that are incomplete cannot be processed within the average turnaround times.

The table below outlines the total number of applications in the system by county as well as the number that are currently being processed by the Passport Service and the number of applications that require further action from the applicant, such as the submission of additional documents.

County

Total Applications in System

Passport Service Processing

Further action required by applicant

Carlow

912

508

404

Cavan

1,132

591

541

Kilkenny

1,444

828

616

Longford

545

292

253

Monaghan

824

481

343

Meath

3,760

2,195

1,565

Tipperary

2,253

1,229

1,024

Question No. 110 answered with Question No. 96.
Question No. 111 answered with Question No. 81.
Barr
Roinn