The Houses of the Oireachtas is committed to making its websites and mobile applications accessible, in accordance with the European Union (Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies) Regulations 2020.
This accessibility statement applies to www.oireachtas.ie.
Measures to support accessibility
- We have optimised our web pages for reading on screen. To see a simplified view of the website, useful when reading large pieces of text, click Reader view at the top of any page.
- We strive to publish information openly as HTML on our website but a number of PDFs are still published each sitting day. When we publish PDFs we aim to ensure they have a high standard of accessibility.
- We provide Irish Sign Language (ISL) interpretation of website text on approximately 30 static content pages on our website. We also provide a dedicated ISL page where signed content produced by Oireachtas TV is located.
- You can listen to the text on our website pages by clicking on the Listen icon in the footer. It opens a third party toolbar called ReachDeck. Functional cookies will need to be turned on in order for this feature to display and work. The ReachDeck toolbar has other accessibility features too, such as dual-colour highlighting of text, text magnification, screen masking and PDF reading.
This website is partially compliant with the WCAG 2.1 level AA standard. Partially compliant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. The non-accessible content items are listed below and we aim to fix these issues in 2022. Some of our content falls outside the scope of the EU Web Accessibility Directive.
- Some components have low colour contrast
- There are keyboard focus issues with video overlays
- Some tables are not described properly for people using screen readers
- Some link text is inadequately labelled for people using screen readers
- There is missing state information in some accordion content fields
- PDFs do not have file size information included
- Some PDF links open in a new tab
- Captions are not available on recorded videos of proceedings made available after 23 September 2020
Out of scope content
- Live streaming of proceedings of the Oireachtas
- Video files of proceedings of the Oireachtas made available before 23 September 2020
- Some PDFs and Office file formats published before 23 September 2018
How to send feedback on this website’s accessibility
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of this website.
Email us: email@example.com
Phone us: (01) 618 3000
Write to us: Leinster House, Kildare St, Dublin 2, D02 XR20, Ireland
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23 November 2021 and is based on the findings of an independent accessibility audit carried out by an accessibility expert. We will update this page when issues are fixed and improvements implemented.