We are committed to providing a high quality service to all our customers. We regard comments and complaints as an important source of information for improving our services.
Impartial | Accountable | Open | Collegiate | Innovative
- treat you with courtesy and respect
- deliver our services fairly, effectively and impartially
- seek to resolve requests in the first instance
- ensure that customers who wish to deal with the Houses of the Oireachtas Service through Irish, or using sign language, are catered for
- provide clear, accurate, and timely information and advice
- respect personal information and use it only in accordance with law
- assist everyone who visits the Houses of the Oireachtas or wants information on the work of the Houses of the Oireachtas
- invite feedback so that we can continue to improve our services to respond to the changing needs and expectations of our customers
- examine and respond to all complaints received in a timely manner
If you contact us by telephone we will:
- answer or return calls promptly and aim to resolve your enquiry efficiently
- if we are unable to answer your query immediately, endeavour to ensure that you receive a response at the earliest possible opportunity
- refer you to the appropriate business unit, or to the appropriate organisation should your query fall outside the responsibility of the Houses of the Oireachtas Service
If you contact us by letter or email we will:
- acknowledge receipt of your correspondence within five working days
- aim to provide a response within 15 working days
- use out-of-office email messages when away from the office and provide you with alternative contact details
- where, due to pressure of work or resource issues, it is not possible to provide a substantive written response to your query, we will endeavour to provide a response by telephone within the stated timescales
We welcome visitors to the Houses of the Oireachtas.
- greet you in a polite and courteous manner and be helpful and respectful towards you
- ensure that all public areas within the Leinster House complex are accessible while at the same time maintaining safeguards and procedures to ensure safety and security
We will endeavour to ensure that the information available on this website is accessible, up-to-date, and accurate. Through our website we will assist you with information on the work of Dáil Éireann, Seanad Éireann and the Parliamentary Committees.
We will endeavour to ensure the delivery of our services through Irish in an accessible manner in accordance with the Houses of the Oireachtas Language Scheme 2018.
We value and welcome constructive feedback as an important part of our continuous service improvement process.
We ask that you:
- provide us with constructive feedback on our services or suggestions to improve our services
- let us know if you have any special requirements or need assistance in accessing our services so that we can accommodate you
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect
If you are unhappy with the standard of service you received, and if the issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction with the staff member or section you have been dealing with, you can make a formal complaint.
What information should you provide in order to progress your complaint?
To progress the examination of your complaint, please provide, in writing, the following details:
- Your name, address or e-mail address and contact telephone number
- A clear explanation of the issue that you were dissatisfied with
- The name of the official or the section you dealt with
Customer service officer
(01) 618 3000
076 1001 700
Houses of the Oireachtas Service