Written Answers. - Housing Aid for the Elderly.

Michael Ring


197 Mr. Ring asked the Minister for Health and Children the scheme under which a person (details supplied) in County Mayo should apply to get a toilet installed in her home in view of the fact she has already applied under the special housing aid for the elderly scheme. [4960/00]

The housing aid scheme for the elderly is the appropriate scheme under which older persons can apply to have improvements carried out to their homes. As the administration of the housing aid scheme for the elderly is a matter for the health boards, I have asked the chief executive officer of the Western Health Board to investigate this case and reply directly to the Deputy.