Written Answers. - Housing Aid for the Elderly.

John McGuinness


569 Mr. McGuinness asked the Minister for Health and Children the reasons for the delay in processing an application under the housing aid for the elderly scheme for persons (details supplied) in County Carlow; and if he will expedite the application in view of the urgency of the works required. [19931/00]

The housing aid scheme for the elderly in Carlow is administered by the South Eastern Health Board on behalf of the Department of the Environment and Local Government. I have asked the chief executive officer of the South Eastern Health Board to investigate this matter and reply directly to the Deputy as a matter of urgency.