That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders—
(1) the Whips and other nominees shall appoint sixteen members to the Select Committee standing established under Standing Order 131 (which shall be called the Standing Order 131 Select Committee);
(2) a Minister or Minister of State shall announce the names of the members appointed under paragraph (1) for the information of the Dáil on the first sitting day of the Dáil following their appointment;
(3) Standing Order 104(2) will not apply in the case of this Committee, which shall not be subject to the d'Hondt system for the allocation of Chairman posts;
(4) the Select Committee shall meet where necessary to perform the following functions:
(a) to consider the potential requirement for a reasoned opinion that a draft legislative act does not comply with the principle of subsidiarity as provided for in paragraph (1) of Standing Order 133;
(b) to consider such notifications under paragraph (1)(a) and (b) of Standing Order 134 as may be referred to it by Dáil Éireann;
(c) to consider potential infringements of the principle of subsidiarity as provided for in paragraph (1) of Standing Order 135; and
(d) to consider other draft legislative acts which it deems appropriate.
(5) the Select Committee shall have the powers defined in—
(a) Standing Order 96 (1), (2), (4), (5),(6), (7), (14) and (15); and
(b) Standing Orders 133, 134 and 135.