Tuesday, 27 January 2004

Questions (417)

Michael Ring


530 Mr. Ring asked the Minister for Education and Science when a person (details supplied) in County Mayo will be provided with a special needs assistant, following their assessment in 2003; and the reason they are not being helped. [2042/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Education and Science)

I understand the child in question does not have a school placement at present. My officials are currently liaising with my Department's inspectorate concerning the child's long-term educational needs and contact will be made with the family in question as part of this process.