Thursday, 29 January 2004

Questions (129)

Bernard J. Durkan


126 Mr. Durkan asked the Minister for Health and Children when a residential placement can be made to facilitate a person (details supplied) in County Kildare whose child has special needs; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2652/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Health and Children)

The provision of health related services, including residential care, for people with physical and/or sensory disabilities is a matter for the Eastern Regional Health Authority and the health boards in the first instance. Accordingly, the Deputy's question has been referred to the chief executive officer of the Eastern Regional Health Authority with a request that he examine the matter and reply directly to the Deputy as a matter of urgency.