Thursday, 8 November 2012

Questions (189)

Seán Ó Fearghaíl


189. Deputy Seán Ó Fearghaíl asked the Minister for Social Protection in view of correspondence (details supplied) if she will now arrange to have arrears of rent supplement paid to the person; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [49160/12]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Social)

Following confirmation from Kildare County Council that the person concerned has a housing need since date of application for a Housing Need Assessment in 2011, the Department can now pay arrears from the commencement date of the tenancy. An Exceptional Needs Payment will be issued to the client for all arrears owed.