Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Questions (577)

Billy Timmins

Question:

577. Deputy Billy Timmins asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the position regarding a rural environment protection scheme 4 payment in respect of a person (details supplied) and if he will expedite the matter; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [9810/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Agriculture)

The person named commenced REPS 4 in February 2009 and received payments for the first three years of their contract. REPS 4 is a measure under the current 2007-13 Rural Development Programme and is subject to EU Regulations which require detailed administrative checks on all applications to be completed before any payments can issue. The administrative checks in this instance have been completed and the 75% Year 4 payment amounting to €3391.99 issued to the person named on 18th February 2013. The remaining 25% Year 4 balancing payment will issue shortly.