Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Questions (530)

Jim Daly

Question:

530. Deputy Jim Daly asked the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine the position regarding a rural environment protection scheme 2012 payment in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Cork; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12843/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Agriculture)

The person named commenced REPS 4 in March 2009 and received payments for the first three years of their contract.

REPS 4 is a measure under the current 2007-13 Rural Development Programme and is subject to EU Regulations which require detailed administrative checks on all applications to be completed before any payments can issue. These checks have now been completed for 2012 in this case and the 75% Year 4 payment amounting to €4,756.99 issued for payment on 7th March 2013. The remaining 25% Year 4 balancing payment will issue shortly.