Thursday, 2 May 2013

Questions (135)

Bernard Durkan


135. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Social Protection the procedure to be followed in the case of a person (details supplied) in County Kildare who has taken up employment, nightshift only, and who has found their health has suffered as a result; if any options are available to them in these circumstances; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [21064/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Social)

To date the person concerned has not lodged a claim with the Department in relation to a health issue. If the person concerned has health issues they should consult with their General Practitioner in the first instance. The General Practitioner will make an assessment of their capacity for work as part of this consultation. If they are certified as medically unfit for work they can then apply for illness or injury benefit via a claim form available from their General Practitioner.