Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Questions (406)

Brendan Ryan


406. Deputy Brendan Ryan asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government if a person (details supplied) in County Dublin will receive a refund on their car tax due to their vehicle being stolen; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30293/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

The Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) (Amendment) Regulations 1992 made under section 1(11A) of the Finance (Excise Duties) (Vehicles) Act 1952 provide that, where a vehicle has been stolen and not recovered, a refund may only be given in respect of the vehicle licence if it is surrendered to a licensing authority not less than three months before the expiry of the licence.