Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Questions (431)

Jim Daly


431. Deputy Jim Daly asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government if there is provision within the regulations which govern the creation of the electoral register to allow for a person who has changed gender and amended his or her name in the High Court under the deed poll law to reflect that change on the electoral register; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30672/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

The preparation and publication of the register of electors is a matter for each registration authority in accordance with electoral law. The opportunity to change registration details on the register of electors arises in November of each year when registration authorities publish a draft of the register which will come into force for the period of twelve months from the following 15 February. Any person wishing to correct their details on the register may do so by completing form RFA 1, which is available from registration authorities or to download from www.checktheregister.ie.