Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Questions (488)

Dessie Ellis


488. Deputy Dessie Ellis asked the Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government the position regarding a housing adaptation grant in respect of a person (details supplied). [31547/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Environment)

Under the terms of the suite of Housing Adaptation Grants for Older People and People with a Disability, grants are available to assist households to have necessary repairs or improvement works carried out in order to facilitate the continued independent occupancy of their homes. Three separate schemes are available; the Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability, the Mobility Aids Grant Scheme and the Housing Aid for Older People Scheme.

The detailed administration of these schemes, including the assessment, approval and payment of grants to applicants under the various grant measures, is the responsibility of the relevant local authority, in this instance Dublin City Council.