Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Questions (395)

Willie Penrose


395. Deputy Willie Penrose asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if a declaration of annulment which was made in the Philippines can be recognised in this jurisdiction for the purpose of allowing a person to remarry; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [11518/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Justice)

A person who has obtained a civil annulment from a jurisdiction outside the European Union may apply to court under section 29 of the Family Law Act 1995 for a declaration as to marital status. The court will determine whether the person is free to remarry in Ireland.