Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Questions (225)

Clare Daly


225. Deputy Clare Daly asked the Minister for Health the protocol in relation to assistant principal officers and principal officers using their private cars and claiming unvouched expenses when official cars are available in his Department; if he has received any complaints regarding same; and the oversight that is in place to deal with same. [14844/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Health)

My Department does not have official cars available for use by staff. When staff travel on official duties, they are required to complete a travel claim form for expenses. The rates of mileage and subsistence are paid in line with the relevant circulars issued by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform. Any other expenses must be vouched.