Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Questions (501)

Finian McGrath


501. Deputy Finian McGrath asked the Minister for Health to set out the position regarding surgery in respect of a person (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [14729/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Health)

With regard to specific complaints in relation to experiences of individuals in our hospitals, there is a formal complaints policy, entitled “Your Service Your Say”, details of which are on the HSE website, at http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/yourhealthservice/feedback/complaints/.

In accordance with this procedure, a complaint must be made in the first instance to the hospital in which the incident causing the complaint occurred. If an individual is not satisfied with the response from the hospital, a review can be sought from the HSE Director of Advocacy and the Ombudsman, whose details are set out as follows.

HSE Director of Advocacy

Oak House

Millennium Park


Co Kildare

Tel 1890 424 555

Office of the Ombudsman

18, Lower Leeson Street

Dublin 2

Tel 1890 223 030

Email: ombudsman@ombudsman.gov.ie.

In relation to the Deputy's further question in this matter, I have again asked the Health Service Executive to respond to him directly.