Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Questions (58)

Patrick O'Donovan


58. Deputy Patrick O'Donovan asked the Minister for Education and Skills the grant assistance available for students here who wish to study in the UK, aside from the Student Universal Support Ireland grant; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23824/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

Students who are attending undergraduate courses in an EU Member State can apply for a maintenance grant in respect of an approved course which is being pursued in an approved institution. The student grant scheme does not extend to postgraduate courses pursued outside of Ireland. Tax relief at the standard rate of tax may be claimed in respect of tuition fees paid for approved courses at approved colleges of higher education including approved undergraduate and postgraduate courses in EU Member States and in non-EU countries. Further information on this tax relief is available from the Revenue Commissioners on