Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Questions (81)

Bernard Durkan


81. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Education and Skills the procedure to be followed to facilitate an interdepartmental transfer for civil servants of middle rank wishing to transfer to alternative Departments for whatever reason; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28668/14]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

There are a number of procedures in place for civil servants to transfer between Departments.1) Redeployment If the Department determines that in accordance with its Employment Control Framework target, it has surplus staff, it can place officers on the Resource Panel for redeployment to another Department or Agency in accordance with the Redeployment toolkit.In addition, an officer can submit an application for any redeployment or secondment opportunities which are advertised by this Departments HR Unit from time to time.2) TransferAn officer can apply for a transfer to another Department either by - The Central Applications Facility (CAF) for decentralised locations ( - A letter sent through this Departments HR Unit for non-decentralised locations3) Head-to-Head TransferAn officer can seek a head-to-head transfer via their Staff Representative Associations magazine.