Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Questions (107)

Maureen O'Sullivan

Question:

107. Deputy Maureen O'Sullivan asked the Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade the percentage of applications received from females in respect of the rapid response roster recruitment; the percentage of female applicants deemed successful; the percentage of the successful overall applicants at first stage of recruitment; and the number of those who have not been a member of the rapid response roster previously. [40148/18]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Foreign)

Under Ireland’s Rapid Response Initiative, highly skilled and experienced individuals from a Rapid Response Corps, managed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, can be rostered to provide short notice surge capacity to four UN partner organisations.

A recruitment process for the Rapid Response roster was carried out this year. The requirements and format of the 2018 selection process were set out in the Information Booklet accompanying the call for applications:

197 applications were received by the deadline of 16 May, 2018.

65 applications (33%) were received from female applicants and 132 (67%) from male applicants.

85 applicants were shortlisted and interviewed - 24 female (28%) and 61 male (72%),

The interview process resulted in the appointment of 69 applicants to the Rapid Response roster. 22 (32%) of the successful applicants were female and the remaining 47 (68%) male.

None of the applicants in the 2018 application round indicated in their applications that they had previously served as members of the Rapid Response Corps.