Thursday, 7 February 2019

Questions (246)

Richard Boyd Barrett


246. Deputy Richard Boyd Barrett asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection her plans to ensure that a person (details supplied) continues to receive their rent allowance in view of the circumstances; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [6054/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

The person concerned contacted their local Intreo Centre on the 19/11/18 to advise they had received notice to quit their privately rented accommodation. Rent Supplement was subsequently closed on foot of this information. The person concerned received an Exceptional Needs Payment (ENP) on 7/12/18 to pay rent for November. There has been no further contact from the person concerned. As per section 23 (1)(b) of S.I. 412 of 2007, clients shall inform the Executive of any change in circumstances which may affect their right to receive supplementary welfare allowance. The Department is unable to issue further payments to the above customer until their current circumstances are established. The person concerned should attend her local Intreo Centre to discuss her circumstances in greater detail.

I trust this clarifies matters for the Deputy.