Tuesday, 11 June 2019

Questions (409)

Billy Kelleher


409. Deputy Billy Kelleher asked the Minister for Health if the HSE will be instructed to develop a clear pathway of care for persons with ME with prompt access to specialists and treatments. [23219/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Health)

Health Service Executive (HSE) Disability Services provide personal and social supports based on the needs of the individual, rather than the provision of services based on a specific diagnosis or condition. However, people with M.E. may also benefit from Specialist Disability Services such as assisted living services. The HSE provides a range of assisted living services including Personal Assistant and Home Support Services to support individuals to maximise their capacity to live full and independent lives.

I have asked the HSE to respond directly to the Deputy on this matter.