Wednesday, 26 June 2019

Questions (254)

Thomas Byrne


254. Deputy Thomas Byrne asked the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs the action she is taking to obtain a school place for a child (details supplied). [27023/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Children)

The Educational Welfare Service of Tusla (EWS) has a role in assist parents or guardians source a school place where a child cannot access one, however it cannot compel a school to make a place available for a child.

While the matter is an operational one for Tusla, I am informed that the Education Welfare Service has engaged with the family, are supporting the family in relation to obtaining a school place and in applying for Home Tuition in the absence of a school place. The Education Welfare Officer will continue to work to secure a school place for the child.