Tuesday, 23 July 2019

Questions (2251)

Michael McGrath


2251. Deputy Michael McGrath asked the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment the requirements that a sporting or voluntary body such as a GAA club or a community association needs to comply with if it wishes to have a television or television sets open to public viewing within its premises; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [33134/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Communications)

In accordance with Section 142 of the Broadcasting Act 2009, any premises at which a television is located requires a TV Licence, regardless of its use or the number of televisions. Therefore, sporting or voluntary bodies are required to purchase a television licence if there is a television or a number of televisions on their premises.