Tuesday, 10 December 2019

Questions (192)

Danny Healy-Rae


192. Deputy Danny Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Education and Skills if a person who is unemployed and wishes to undertake an ETB course is eligible for a social welfare payment while partaking in the course (details supplied). [51362/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

Training allowances are available to social welfare recipients participating on most full time ETB further education and training programmes. The rate is generally the same as the rate of their social welfare payment. A training allowance is not paid on the Post Leaving Certificate (PLC) programme but prospective participants in receipt of a social welfare payment can apply to their INTREO office for the Back to Education Allowance.

Details of ETB courses are available on www.fetchcourses.ie and social welfare recipients can also discuss their options with their INTREO case officer or with the ETB Adult Education Guidance Service.