Wednesday, 18 December 2019

Questions (329)

Robert Troy


329. Deputy Robert Troy asked the Minister for Health if the personal injuries pay outs will be published for properties under the ownership of his Department in each of the years 2016 to 2018 and to date in 2019, in tabular form [53794/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Health)

The State Claims Agency (SCA) has a statutory remit to manage personal injury claims on behalf of Delegated State Authorities (DSA’s), including the Department of Health. 

Personal injury claims are delegated to the SCA by state agencies overall and not by individual buildings/properties therefore this question has been considered to include all personal injury claims for the Department regardless of where the personal injury took place which could have been onsite or offsite and relates to staff, service users and member of the public. 

Based on information provided by the SCA and the Department's payment information system, I can inform the Deputy that there were no payouts for personal injuries for the period 2016 to 2019.