Wednesday, 18 December 2019

Questions (82)

Robert Troy


82. Deputy Robert Troy asked the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if the personal injuries pay-outs will be published for properties under the ownership of his Department in each of the years 2016 to 2018 and to date in 2019, in tabular form. [53789/19]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Defence)

The State Claims Agency (SCA) manages personal injury claims on behalf of the Minister for Defence.  In respect of personal injuries, details of the number of claims and associated costs are set out in the Department’s Annual Reports which can be accessed at Note that the Annual Report for 2019 will be published in 2020.

With regard to a specific breakdown of injuries incurred at properties under the ownership of the Minister for Defence, the Department does not collate information in that format. The Department has contacted the SCA in order to ascertain if this detail can be accessed and I will revert to the Deputy in due course when a response has been received.