The overall Defence property portfolio consists of a diverse range of facilities from conventional military barracks to forts, camps and training lands. The following is a list of the 12 permanently occupied Defence Forces installations in which the Army is located across the State:
- Collins Barracks, Cork
- Finner Camp, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal
- Cathal Brugha Barracks, Rathmines, Dublin 6
- McKee Barracks, Dublin 7
- St. Bricin’s Hospital, Dublin 7
- Defence Forces Training Centre, Curragh Camp, Co. Kildare
- Sarsfield Barracks, Limerick
- Aiken Barracks, Dundalk, Co. Louth
- Gormanston Camp, Gormanston, Co. Meath
- Custume Barracks, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
- Stephens Barracks, Kilkenny
- Dún Ui Mhaoilíosa (Renmore) Barracks, Galway
In addition, the Naval Base, Haulbowline, Co. Cork and Casement Aerodrome, Baldonnel, Dublin 22 are also permanently occupied military installations.
For operational and security reasons, personnel numbers located at specified military installations are not divulged. It is important to note that the number of personnel stationed at any particular barracks will vary on an on-going basis, as it is a normal operational feature for there to be a constant through-flow of personnel into and out of such installations.