Wednesday, 20 January 2021

Questions (146)

Michael Healy-Rae


146. Deputy Michael Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Finance if he will address a matter in relation to vehicle registration tax (details supplied); and if he will make a statement on the matter. [2485/21]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Finance)

I am advised by Revenue that a person undertaking a transfer of residence from the UK (or any non-EU country) must have lived there for a continuous period of at least 12 months and have owned and used the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months before they can avail of the exemption from Customs Duty, VAT and VRT.

Questions Nos. 147 and 148 answered with Question No. 132.