To ask the Minister for Industry and Commerce whether he is conversant with the extent of the privation being endured by large numbers of the working class population of Mallow and district as a consequence of a succession of trouble, viz.:—
1. The destruction of Cleeve's Factory, the Town Hall, and ten of the principal business houses by the Black and Tans on September 30th, 1920, followed by
2. The suppression of fairs and markets and the shutting down of motor garages,
3. The decline of tillage in the locality,
4. The dismissal of artizans and labourers hitherto employed about the military barracks but dismissed on transference to the Irish Government,
5. The recent destruction of the railway bridges, including the Blackwater Viaduct, and consequent stoppage of railway traffic?
Further, how many persons are registered as unemployed in Mallow, and how many others not registered are unemployed in Mallow, and whether those workers who lost their employment in consequence of the destruction of Cleeve's Factory have been deprived of unemployment benefit and are now practically starving?