Written Answers. - Residential Placement.

Ivan Yates


265 Mr. Yates asked the Minister for Health when a residential placement will be made available for a person (details supplied) in County Kildare; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

The Eastern Health Board has provided a wide range of services and supports, including residential care, for this person over the years. It has proved extremely difficult to find an appropriate mix of services to meet the person's special needs and the board now plans to provide a care worker to facilitate attendance at the local special school and a home care worker to assist the family in caring for this family member at home. The case is being kept under continuous review by the health board which is in close contact with the family.