Tuesday, 27 January 2004

Questions (748)

John Cregan


870 Mr. Cregan asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he will arrange to have copy of land certificate issued to a person (details supplied) in County Kilkenny to enable them to complete sale of property. [1443/04]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform)

I am informed by the Registrar of Titles that this is an application for the issue of a duplicate land certificate which was lodged on 25 November 2003. Application No. S2003TJ003065R refers.

The Deputy will be aware that applications for duplicate land certificates take time to process due to the fact that notices have to issue to a number of institutions, an advertisement needs to be placed in the Law Gazette and certain time limits have to elapse before the application can receive further consideration.

I am further informed that notices in relation to this application were sent to relevant institutions who may be able to assist the Land Registry with this application on 15 January 2003. I am also informed that a letter was issued to the lodging solicitor on the 16 January 2003 in relation to the placing of an advertisement in the Law Gazette.

I can assure the Deputy that once the notice period expires and the stipulated time limits elapse, the application will receive further consideration.