Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Questions (440)

Sandra McLellan


440. Deputy Sandra McLellan asked the Minister for Social Protection further to Parliamentary Question No. 359 of 12 February 2013, if she will change the rule to allow persons on social welfare allowance to travel for medical treatment; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [8751/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Social)

Supplementary welfare allowance (SWA) is not normally payable where a recipient is outside the State.

Recipients of SWA are advised to contact the officer dealing with their claim where there is a change in their circumstances which includes travel outside the State. I have no plans to change the conditions under which SWA is payable.

Question No. 441 withdrawn.