Thursday, 2 May 2013

Questions (121)

Billy Timmins


121. Deputy Billy Timmins asked the Minister for Social Protection the position regarding dentures in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Wicklow; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [20948/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Social)

An application in respect of dentures has not yet been received from the person concerned. However, since January 2010 dentures are no longer provided under the dental benefit scheme, which is now limited to a free yearly examination. If the person concerned has a Medical Card, he should contact his local HSE offices, who will be able to advise him of his entitlements under their dental scheme.