Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Questions (353)

Bernard Durkan


353. Deputy Bernard J. Durkan asked the Minister for Social Protection the position regarding child dependant payments in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Kildare; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [30059/13]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Social)

The person concerned is in receipt of a qualified child increase on his State contributory pension and is also the recipient of child benefit for his grandson.

The person concerned has been forwarded a claim form for a guardian’s payment (contributory). He should complete and return the form to the Department. On receipt of claim form, his entitlement to a guardian’s payment will be fully examined and he will be notified of the outcome without delay.

The foster care scheme is administered by the HSE on behalf of the Department of Health and Children.