Wednesday, 14 February 2018

Questions (293)

Seán Fleming


293. Deputy Sean Fleming asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection if a person (details supplied) who was on the transition pension prior to the changes being introduced in respect of eligibility for the State contributory pension in 2013 can obtain the rate that was effective at the time the person went on the transition pension; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [7763/18]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Employment)

Prior to reaching age 66, the person concerned was in receipt of a mixed insurance pro rata state pension (transition), based on a combination of full-rate and modified contributions. The person concerned is currently in receipt of state pension (contributory) with effect from 19 April 2013, their 66th birthday.

According to the records of my Department, the person concerned has a social insurance record of 1,152 reckonable paid and credited contributions. They are in receipt of a reduced state pension (contributory) at the correct rate based on an assessed yearly average of 23 contributions, covering the period from October 1963 to end-December 2012 inclusive.

The person concerned received their correct rate of mixed insurance pro rata state pension (transition) and is currently in receipt of their correct rate of state pension (contributory) based on their contribution history held by my Department.

If the person concerned considers they have additional contributions that have not been recorded, it is open to them to forward documentary evidence of any missing periods of employment to my Department and their pension entitlement will be reviewed. I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.