Wednesday, 10 February 2021

Questions (416)

Peter Burke


416. Deputy Peter Burke asked the Minister for Education the process for applying for an upgrade of electrical works for a school (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [6592/21]

View answer

Written answers (Question to Education)

I would like to inform the Deputy that the correct mechanism for applying for the upgrade of the schools electrical system would be my Departments Summer Works Scheme which can be applied for via Esinet when the scheme is next open for applications.

However if the situation is deemed an Emergency which poses an immediate risk to health, life, property or the environment, which is sudden, unforeseen and requires immediate action and in the case of a school, if not corrected, would prevent the school or part thereof from opening, the school should immediately apply for funding under the Emergency Works Scheme which is available via the Esinet portal under the Devolved Projects tab.