5 Feb 2019, 14.10
The Joint Committee on Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht will discuss preservation of the biodiversity and ecosystems of peatlands on Wednesday, Feb. 6, at 1:30 p.m.
Scheduled witnesses include
- Catherine Farrell, head of ecology at Bord na Móna
- Stuart Conaty, land and property manager at Bord na Móna
- Catherine O’Connell, chief executive of the Irish Peatland Conservation Council
- Pádraic Fogarty, campaigns officer for Irish Wildlife Trust
- Peatlands and biodiversity officials from the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
“Peatlands are a critical feature of the Irish landscape, a traditional source for industry and energy, and a fragile home for many rare plants and animals,” said Committee Chairman Aengus Ó Snodaigh TD. “The Committee looks forward to discussing with ecology and land management officials how best to preserve and protect these habitats for irreplaceable flora and fauna.”
The meeting in Committee Room 4 can be viewed live here.
Houses of the Oireachtas
+353 1 618 4203
+353 86 701 3295