Léim ar aghaidh chuig an bpríomhábhar

Seanad Éireann díospóireacht -
Wednesday, 6 Jul 1938

Vol. 21 No. 5

Business of Seanad.

In regard to item 4— the motion in the names of Senators MacDermot and Tierney—I understand that the Taoiseach, who is desirous of being present at the debate, will be unable to attend this week, and would be pleased if the Seanad would postpone consideration until next week. I am informed that the Senators in whose names the motion stands are agreeable to that course.

I should further say that it is probable that two Bills will be received from the Dáil this evening, namely, the Collection of Taxes (Confirmation) Bill, and the Imposition of Duties (Confirmation of Orders) Bill. If these Bills are certified as Money Bills, it will be necessary for the Seanad to meet to-morrow.

Senator Tierney and I concur in the suggestion for postponement until next week.