(1) That a Select Committee consisting of six members of Seanad Éireann be appointed to be joined with a Select Committee to be appointed by Dáil Éireann to form the Joint Committee on the Implementation of the Good Friday Agreement to consider-–
(a) issues arising from Ireland’s role as a signatory to the Good Friday Agreement,
(b) ongoing developments in the implementation of the Good Friday Agreement, and
(c) any proposals relating to the implementation of the Good Friday Agreement and such related matters as shall be referred to it by the Seanad and/or the Dáil from time to time, and to report back to both Houses of the Oireachtas at least once a year.
(2) The Joint Committee shall have the powers defined in Standing Order 71, other than paragraph (2A), (4A), (4B), (6A), (6B) and (6C) thereof.
(3) The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade (or a member of the Government or Minister of State nominated in his or her stead) shall be an ex officio member of the Committee and shall be entitled to vote in proceedings.
(4) Members of the Westminster Parliament elected from constituencies in Northern Ireland may attend meetings of the Joint Committee and of its sub-Committees and may take part in proceedings without having a right to vote or to move motions and amendments.
(5) The Chairman of the Dáil Select Committee shall also be the Chairman of the Joint Committee.