Léim ar aghaidh chuig an bpríomhábhar

Visa Applications.

Dáil Éireann Debate, Thursday - 1 June 2006

Thursday, 1 June 2006

Ceisteanna (185)

Paul Kehoe


186 Mr. Kehoe asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he will arrange to have the greenbook of a person (details supplied) in County Carlow updated which will allow them to leave the State temporarily if required. [21519/06]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform)

I assume that the greenbook the Deputy refers to is the Certificate of Registration issued to non EU nationals which records an individuals legal residency status in the State. The person in question was granted permission to remain under the revised arrangements for non EU national parents of Irish children born before 1 January 2005.

On registration the person in question was granted leave to remain in the State for an initial period of 12 months. He should now return to his local Registration Office to have this period extended. The endorsement stamp placed in the passport of the person concerned will indicate that he has legal residency in the State for the period recorded on the endorsement. This will assist him in leaving the State but as a visa required national the person concerned must obtain a re-entry visa before his departure from the State.