Léim ar aghaidh chuig an bpríomhábhar
Gnáthamharc

Grant Payments

Dáil Éireann Debate, Thursday - 14 April 2011

Thursday, 14 April 2011

Ceisteanna (88, 89, 90)

John O'Mahony

Ceist:

88 Deputy John O’Mahony asked the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food when a person (details supplied) in County Mayo will received their REP scheme payment; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [7998/11]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food)

The person named commenced in REPS 4 in January 2010 and was subject to an inspection and subsequent audit. Issues arising are currently being finalised and his payment will issue shortly.

Dan Neville

Ceist:

89 Deputy Dan Neville asked the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food the position regarding penalties applied after a farm inspection in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Limerick; if this file will be reviewed in view of the fact this person feels that the penalties imposed should only be 5%; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8030/11]

Amharc ar fhreagra

An application under the Single Payment Scheme/Disadvantaged Areas Scheme was received from the person named on the 15th of May 2006.

This application was selected for a Cross Compliance inspection.

During the course of the inspection breaches were recorded relating to three separate Statutory Management Requirements (SMRs). Breaches of Regulations in relation to the storage of livestock manure resulted in a 3% penalty under Nitrates. Issues were also recorded in relation to Food Hygiene, specifically with the maintenance and operation of a dairy/milking parlour which led to a penalty of 3% being recorded under that SMR. Finally, extensive breaches relating to the Identification and Registration of Bovines were recorded. These breaches involved 97 animals and concerned the Herd Register, Passports, Tagging and failure to notify movements to the Cattle Movement and Monitoring System. These breaches were deemed to be intentional and a 20% penalty was recorded.

As prescribed by the Regulations governing the Cross Compliance system, multiple breaches recorded as negligent are added together to a maximum total of 5%, however breaches recorded as intentional are administered separately with any penalties resulting from intentional breaches being added to the total negligence penalty figure. This resulted in an overall Cross Compliance penalty of 25% being recorded in this case. The person named was informed of this decision and of his right to seek a review. He was also informed of his right to appeal the outcome of a review to the Independent Agriculture Appeals office. To date, no request for a review has been submitted, however, the Deputy's question will now be taken as a request for review which will now be carried out.

Mattie McGrath

Ceist:

90 Deputy Mattie McGrath asked the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food when REP scheme payment will be finalised in respect of a person (details supplied) in County Tipperary; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8048/11]

Amharc ar fhreagra

The person named commenced REPS 4 in March 2009. He received his year 1 payment in January 2010. The first 75% of the year 2 payment was made on 7th April 2011. The remaining 25% will be paid over the next two weeks.

Barr
Roinn