Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Ceisteanna (269)

Shane Cassells

Ceist:

269. Deputy Shane Cassells asked the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government the amount of LIHAF funding drawn down in County Meath to date by project in tabular form; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [40204/18]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Housing)

The aim of the Local Infrastructure Housing Activation Fund is to relieve critical infrastructural blockages to enable the accelerated delivery of housing on key development sites and to improve the economic viability of new housing projects in Dublin and in urban areas with high demand for housing. There are two projects in County Meath being supported by LIHAF funding, at Ratoath (an outer relief road) and Farganstown, Navan (a distributor road).

Funding for LIHAF projects is provided on a matched funding basis with 75% of project costs supported by Exchequer funding, and the remaining 25% being contributed by the local authority. The following table details the payments made from the Exchequer portion of the funding on both projects for 2017 and the first two quarters in 2018. My Department will shortly be inviting local authorities to submit quarter three claims.

Table: LIHAF payments to date to projects in County Meath

Project

Payments (€) - 2017 to Q2 2018

Ratoath

26,901.71

Farganstown, Navan

43,531.01