Tuesday, 5 February 2019

Ceisteanna (617)

Michael Healy-Rae


617. Deputy Michael Healy-Rae asked the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection the status of an application for a carer's allowance by a person (details supplied); and if she will make a statement on the matter. [5242/19]

Amharc ar fhreagra

Freagraí scríofa (Ceist ar Employment)

Carer's allowance (CA) is a means-tested social assistance payment made to a person who is habitually resident in the State and who is providing full-time care and attention to a child or an adult who has such a disability that as a result they require that level of care.

There is no record in my Department of a claim for CA having been made by the person concerned. If they wish to make an application, they should complete and return the application form (CR1) that I have arranged to issue to them.

Only on receipt of a fully completed application form can entitlement to CA be determined.

I hope this clarifies the matter for the Deputy.